Bowmoor event 2021

Chat about CVRDA events
Spiderman

Bowmoor event 2021

Post by Spiderman »

Just a quick update regarding the upcoming event at Bowmoor on 31st July/ 1st August.
There are 13 entries so far with at least 3 more local boats who I know will also be there. The club are pushing for people to pre- enter and pay online, but I will be happy to accept entries on the day from anyone who arrives and hasn't entered already. If you wish to see the NoR and SI's or enter online please follow the link below to the Bowmoor website event page.
https://bowmoor.com/cvrda-open-meeting/
The Bowmoor CVRDA event is only 5 days away now and the online entry system is up and running ready to accept your entries up until midnight on Wednesday. You can access it by clicking on the link above where you will also be able to book for camping.
The galley which is run by Hacketts will be open from around 09:30 till 15:30 both days for hot and cold food and drinks.
It is planned to do a bring and burn Barbecue on the Saturday evening using the newly acquired catering size BBQ. For those that want to do something else there is a Fish and Chip shop in Lechlade and a Chinese takeaway in Fairford both of which are less than 10 minutes away.
It is planned to have 3 races on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. First race not before11:30 on Saturday with a briefing at 11:00. Camping in either tents or camper vans is permitted on site for a small fee and the club will be open to visitors from mid afternoon on Friday 30th July.
At short notice the club have decided to hold an outdoor party on the Saturday evening in a tent which will be situated in front of the children's play area. We will be welcome to attend the party should we choose to, but there is plenty of space away from that area for tents and motorhomes so we can gather elsewhere or in the clubhouse if we prefer to do our own thing.
We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the weekend.

Best Regards
Ian and Wendy
keithr

Re: Bowmoor event 2021

Post by keithr »

Very sorry we will miss this as I am running a Junior Training Weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Keith & su
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird