A National 12 built 1955

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Crester

A National 12 built 1955

Post by Crester »

We are in the process of trying to return a National 12 back to as near original condition as we can manage. We need to replace or repair various parts as we strip and revarnish the hull, starting with one auto bailer and at least a couple of pully blocks and (jamming) cleats. Has anyone any advice or part sources?
chris

Re: A National 12 built 1955

Post by chris »

I have a few Tufnell blocks of various types if you can specify just what you want. What sort of jamming cleat? I may have a bronze tube on of a rather large size.
Crester

Post by Crester »

Thanks. Part of the problem is that until we have finished varnishing, including the repair to what looks like a serious collision springing a couple of planks, we are not really in a position to work out all the things we are missing. I am pretty sure we only have one pulley for the centreboard, but the boat is up-side-down at the moment and the mast in the roof of the cow shed. What tuffnal blocks have you got and how much would you want for them?
Julian

Post by Julian »

Hi, Crester,

I also have a fully functioning 1955 N12 - last sail of the season yesterday - happy to chat about them, and offer advice and piccies. Contact me back through this forum, or stalk me on FB.

cheers,

Julian Bridges