Jollyboat J71 - convincing plan required to secure

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
gbr1084

Jollyboat J71 - convincing plan required to secure

Post by gbr1084 »

J71 Sailing.JPG
J71 - complete Fairey Build - varnished hull & original decks. Not been restored. Modified through the 50's and 60's - bow closed off to form tank, side tanks made full length, centre main conversion, alloy mast, none of which were uncommon developments, and by the late 60's were how new boat were supplied. Was with the same family from new till 2011, then in the EISCA collection until the auction in 2017. Varnish on top is now over 50 years old, and needs stripped. I sealed things up to have a brief sail in 2017 after the auction, but be unwise to sail it now without a complete strip on top & cockpit floor. I got 2 Jollyboats in the auction, and it took 4 yrs to sort the other, and it need a lot more work than J71, not the time to sort J71. It is now a rare boat having been continuously cared for. As per the title - I'll need to be persuaded its going to be sorted and not left in a garden/boat park in a queue of projects. Comes with a trailer that was restored before EISCA, 2 sets of sails and a boom up cover. More photos available, and thanks to the original owners a small photo library going back to the 1950's. Can deliver southwards, but good weather will determine timing. Reasonable offer secures subject to plan.
Attachments
J71 (1) small.JPG
International Tempest x5 1969,71,72,91 & 2008
Jollyboats J43 & J332
Wooden Wayfarer
Streaker 125