Brightlingsea 2007

Chat about CVRDA events
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Please could someone indicate how they want this run. Arrival/departure time, how many races, catering etc. Mervyn has posted this up on MR website and NTOA vintage wing have said it will get an honorable mention in next dispatch.

Regards for 2007.

Jonathan
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Jonathan
Could we keep the format the same as last years. with racing Sunday Monday as we have to tow up from Plymouth on Saturday. Maybe you could organise a Cruise for those that make it early on Saturday. Would it also be possible to get people away early on Monday. This formate worked was perfectly as we avoided all the Bank Holidat snarl ups.
Cheers Alan Williams
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Hello Jonathan.
Yes, agree with Alan.
A cruise/potter on Saturday would be great.
Last year,I found that having time on Monday afternoon was nice just to spend looking around Brightlingsea.Really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to it,
Alan
Pat

Post by Pat »

Good idea - I'd love to do a cruise too.
This year I'm going to get to the museum when it's open as well and do some more research on the family tree - I seem to have been related to half of Brightlingsea in 1901, as there were so many Herberts and Mills.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Sounds like you want to sail up the Colne on Saturday and stop off in Wivenhoe or Rowhedge for a pint or two. Can be an interesting hike with a barrier to shoot through. Bailers required for retun journey. I will check the tides for times etc.

Now theres an incentive to travel on Friday folks!!!!!!
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

I'll dust off and bring the lifting rudder then!
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Don't worry too much as up the river its typical Essex mud. All you will do is plough a furrow then stop and watch the tide go out leaving you with a pleasant walk ashore. On shore you will appear to be wearing knee high wellies!
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Yep, and the stench will give you a little space of your own away from the crowds.