Launch trolley cusion / protection

share hints, tips and experiences
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I was refurbishing my launch trolley at the weekend and having had dscussion as to what protection there should be for the hull (Astroturf etc etc) I came across a rubber doormat in Morrison's supermarket which looks as if it will do the job really well and cheaply (£1.29 or £1.49 each - can't quite remember but certainly no more than that). It's 100% rubber with a soft texture with good large holes to let water out, a pimply surface so little chance of it trapping water or grit. One of them cut lengthways did the whole trolley - nice and easy to cut too. Hope this might be of use to someone.
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Has this survived/marked the hull or anything? I'm doing mine tomorrow, and I'm wondering what to get?
Rupert
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

I have used it all season and it's as good as new. I used cable ties to attach it to the support underneath. No scratching at all as it is so holey that the muck and grit falls through. At the price if I needed to replace annually it wouldn't break the bank. I also gives a reasonable grip between hull and trolley so the boat doesn't slip off when wet.