STOP PRESS: CHECK THIS OUT

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
davidh

Post by davidh »

First the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

Okay.... there are several classes it COULD be but - the deep forefoot, the hard chine and that long run aft (do I detect a hint of hollow in there too) all shout out 'Bill O'Brien'.

I may of course be very wrong and way of the mark - in which case I'll stay schtum and say no more on the subject!!!

But.....what else could it be? The hull may have been painted but a quick look at the mast suggests a different vintage.

Will this be heading south and east to frensham pond?

Am VERY tempted to head up to Warwickshire and run a tape measure over this - just to satisfy own curiosity of course......

Thoughts anyone?

D
David H
chris

Post by chris »

The logo on the sails are very distinctive and look like a cousin to the Phantom. Was there ever a double handed version of the Phantom?
The sail number was a pink seven it could go nicely with your Unit!
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

It's a Barracuda. Don't know much about them, but that's what it is. It won't be heading to Frensham.

Nick
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Knew I had a reference to them somewhere - Charles Smith has the Barracuda lsited on his tradboat site, under sail markings. No other information, though.

Nick
davidh

Post by davidh »

Sorry Nick.....

just for a moment I thought the hull might be something daring!

D
David H
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

It is a nice shape though. Apart from the tradboat reference, I can find no info on barracudas. Does anyone know anything of the history and why they never made it?

Nigel
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

David, I picked up on ebay recently an AYRS publication which features an article by Bill O'Brien about designing the Daring. If you don't have it already, would you like me to copy it and post it to you?
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

yes please sir....... can you scan it and send it or would you prefer snail mail?

Sorry I missed you at the show - I did make a number of visits to the Moth stand. What number would the old boat have been?

D
David H
nick clibborn

Post by nick clibborn »

Rupert

Would you post me a copy as well, please. Address is: 144, Weybourne Rad. Farnham. GU9 9HD. Oh, I forgot - you know it already.

Regards, and thsnks

Nick
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm not sure where it is written, Nick, so glad you included it.
I've no scanner I'm afraid, David - if you PM me your address, I'll try and copy it this week and send it.
I couldn't make it to the show, I'm afraid - which old boat do you mean? If you mean the one I used to own, she was 533 from 1962, but Mark may have found an older one, as I'm not sure what was there!
Rupert
Mark

Post by Mark »

533 was there and created a lot of interest, highlighted her CVRDA and Class success..... very good response and was very useful for storing things :D
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

See, I knew not putting side tanks in was a good idea! More space for coats, leaflets and beer!
Rupert
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

My address for snail mail is:-

Demar,
School Lane
Bursledon
S0318BW

Many thanks

D
PS - the question on the Moth was prompted by the memories it rekindled of 196.... my first racing dinghy

D
David H
davidh

Post by davidh »

Rupert,

My address for snail mail is:-

Demar,
School Lane
Bursledon
S0318BW

Many thanks

D
PS - the question on the Moth was prompted by the memories it rekindled of 196.... my first racing dinghy

D
David H
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Daring stuff now copied. Will find envelopes and send in the next day or so.
Rupert