Brightlingsea meet

Chat about CVRDA events
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

I would like to start planning the meet at Brightlingsea.

A rough guide to the number of entrants would be handy first of all.

Then I think you would like a cruise on Saturday then full day of racing Sunday and a single race Monday morning. Prize giving(thanksgiving for those who didn't capsize) Mon lunchtime then disperse or stay on if you wish.

Camp site adjoins the club (Lakeside Camping 01206 303421/304402)but if you want to stay off piste then look up the usual internet guides.

It would be handy to plan the nosh too! Depending on weather we can do a BBQ but thats a bit hackney'd or if there are enough and you are happy with it I could see if a hog roast can be done. Our galley can be mustered to do a sit down.

This is a joint event with the Vintage Merlin brigade so if you know of anyone that has a Merlin tucked away that is seaworthy then please pass this on.

jonathan.reubin@ntlworld.com
Pat

Post by Pat »

We're planning to be there with Half Cut and camp on the adjacent site. Determined to get to the museum this year as my family tree of Brightlingsea Herberts and Mills is now huge!
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
david r

Post by david r »

Jonathan
I'm planning to be there with OK 1944, have booked camp site (Fri - Tues), and we would need 2 meals/B/q whatever you arrange
Looking forward to it
David Rollinson
alan williams

Post by alan williams »

Hi Jonathan is there any B&B#s that you could recommend.
Cheers alan
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Hi Alan. I hate recommending hotels and B & B's because they are only as good as the recommenders last stay! Needless to say I have never stayed in one here!! have a look at the Brightlinsea Sailing Club website and it will give a list probably without comment. i will chat to a local or two to see if any are better than others!
jonathanR

Post by jonathanR »

Alan, since last post I have had a call from a B'sea lady and she has suggested the following
Brightlinsea Motel 01206 306611
paxton Dene 01206 304560
Bay Trees 01206 305293

She says she has had good reports on these (Subject to Contract and Strictly Without Prejudice)
Bon chance,mon ami.
Alan Price

Post by Alan Price »

Hello Jonathan
Looking forward to visiting again this year

Like last year, it would be great to park Hotel Volkswagen in the car park if that's alright. Obviously I would not need any food to be laid on but would join in if it were, just to be sociable.
Alan
chris

Post by chris »

yes I think Lois and I will make it this year.
Chris