Holt mast step plate

share hints, tips and experiences
JimC

Post by JimC »

My guess would be a Holt spar, but I wouldn't bet money.
Chris M

Post by Chris M »

Ent masts are east to find used if you're in the association.

Should cost about £100 for a half decent proctor D+ which is pretty much what you'll pay for new spreaders!
Pat

Post by Pat »

That makes two of us hunting for old proctor spreaders at the jumble!! We've got to replace the ones we "borrowed" from a Lark after Half Cut and Terrapin blew over at Dorchester on Thames.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
davidh

Post by davidh »

Pat,

I wish I'd I'd known earlier! I routed around and found a bracket for Gannet and sent it up to Gary. I may have another........ do you want me to look?

Pat - our number here is 02380 404347 or Mobile 07847 280302.

Can you call?

David
David H
Lorry

Post by Lorry »

Graham, the mast on B&O is in Yorkshire and I'm in Southampton but cheers anyway.

Pat, lets hope the spreaders aren't spread too thin - I'll get me coat...
Lorry
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

I have a bracket and spreaders from a Proctor mast that I've just stripped. Any takers?
IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith
Pat

Post by Pat »

I've just got back on the site after a few days and Beaulieu. We got a pair of spreaders which should do the job, but thanks anyway folks.
Also picked up new sailing bags, a roll of cover material and a bargain lot of fibreglass mat that was originally asking a pound a sheet and ended up with "50p a sheet, OK I'll take a fiver's worth" at the very end so the guy grabbed two huge handfuls and rolled it up - must have been twice as much as we expected for the fiver!
We also admired Leon's (new owner of Peggie 119) T shirts - if we need any cvrda ones he's a good supplier and a Shearwater member.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Lorry

Post by Lorry »

Me too Pat - it was a good day out. At the start I was cursing those folks with various trolleys and barrows but by lunch I was quite jealous. I found some spreaders which look like I can make fit as well as loads of rope, blocks, trailer bits, oh and a new wetsuit! The Mrs literally pulled me away from that very interesting Tri project and I didn't get to find out anything about it. Anyone know what it was?

Neil, it might be a few weeks before I can get the old pole up and have a fiddle with the bits I now have, but I will bear your offer in mind. Cheers.
Lorry