Shearwater

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Post by Pat »

Camping will be available at the Bath Arms just down the road. We checked with Dean (the landlord) last night and he's even promised to remove the junk from the outside loo! The septic tank was replaced two years ago so there's no smells anymore either. Anyone who wants to camp that weekend can phone and book with him direct (I'll put the number on the event page later) and say you're with the sailing club.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
roger

Post by roger »

May I add to Pats post by saying that there may well be some members who will be willing to put up people for the night(as long as they leave their wetsuit boots in their cars:x)For those who havent been before you can be assured of a great welcome etc etc.
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 595 Demon awaiting restoration
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
chris

Post by chris »

More info on the Shearwater weekend...
Saturday
one morning race (fun/pursuit/something) for early arrivals probable start 11.00am (not part of the series)
two afternoon races. Unless we have a larger than normal entry it will be one start for everyone. These two races will form part of the weekend series but also form the Cotton Sail Challenge Trophy.
Followed by social and dinner in the club house.

The Cotton Sail Challenge.
We've decided to extend the parameters just a little to include a few more boats as so far there are four cotton sailors. So a boat built in 1960 or before that is sailing with it's original/authentic condition mast and sails, no mod cons, from 1960 or before) is elligble. It will be the sum of these two races so no discard. The result will simply be extacted from the whole fleet result. The cvrda handicap system including the cotton sail extra will be used and for those wishing to revert to modern sails for the sunday races this is no problem - but the handicap will change.

Sunday
we would like to start the first race at 10.30 to fit two fairly short races in the morning and one in the afternoon, followed by tea and prizegiving in good time.
4out of 5 to count for the event.

For Sunday we also welcome all merlin sailors as the day counts towards the Vintage Merlin Travellers Series (de May Trophy)

CVRDA Prizes in the Vintage, Classic, Old Boat categories as per CVRDA definition. Plus Cotton Sail trophy. Plus a first prize for Ist Merlin on the Sunday races.

If people could indicate if the are coming it would helps alot. Thank you.
Ps don't forget to peruade a friend to bring their old boat too.
david r

Post by david r »

Chris
I will be there with OK 1944 - & staying for sat night dinner /social, Keith also coming down but I don't know which boat !
David R
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

It is now pretty certain that Kathryn will be in America that weekend, so I will have to pass on my apologies for the 1st time in a fair few years as I will be on kiddie duty.
Rupert
roger

Post by roger »

David we have a special bucket for you to tow.!!!
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
Mark

Post by Mark »

I am planning on bringing "Green and Disgusting".
If it is any help Rupert, Karen will be coming....
Mark
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
keithr

Post by keithr »

Yes I will be there with Peggyball !!! ff a bit big for SW

May need a crew, dont know yet.

I have got your wine greg and will also bring balance of merchandise to sell.
Two Peggies 199,100,
Flying fifteen 1855,
Flying fifteen 204 (now in the barn)
Sunbird
chris

Post by chris »

Mark, glad you are coming, but who is 'green and disgusting'?... can't you bring a boat instead.
Chris
Sorry poor taste again!
Mark

Post by Mark »

Chris, before you start talking about poor taste, wait til you meet her..... Rupert has :)
Mark
RC Laser 898
Mirror 67423 Dawn Run
British Moth730 Moneybox
http://karencollyer.net
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

Great my wine! :D
I hope to be there but may arrive l8 on sat and b social then race on sunday as the evil work my get in the way on saturday :(

Greg
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

i really really hope tobe there, in the OK. not sure about other stuff though, I'll have to speak to the boss :D
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
roger

Post by roger »

Great to see so much interest in our little gathering. Numbers coming will help the catering and beer supply!!

Greg are you bringing the peg or did you want to borrow the planker?
Hornet 191 Shoestring,
Hornet 610 Final Fling
Hornet 353
pegasus

Post by pegasus »

I hope to be there though it may only be in sunday as i have work on sat and am unsure if i can get it off

Greg

P.s forgot to mention i dont no about the peg at the mo as its still at home so not far to shearwater will have to discuss with my taxi
Last edited by pegasus on Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pegasus 166(The Darkside) SOLD
Cherub 2646 Madge
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

Mark wrote:Chris, before you start talking about poor taste, wait til you meet her..... Rupert has :)
Mark
One of the more tasteless boats around, really, though I've seen worse Cherubs!
Thank you for the offer of childsitting, Mark, but I've now been asked to work on Saturday morning, too, so things are getting rather too complex anyway. I can use the time shaving the edges off Doh-Nut's decks ready for Frampton instead. Bound to be either blowing old boots again or a complete and total drift, both of which are complete killers.
Rupert