Help me sell a classic to buy a vintage!

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
edjpa

Post by edjpa »

Hi;

My sons and I cleaned up in the "3 people in a 2 person boat" category in February this year... in our Lark, Sail No 381. An orriginal Jb lark with a good racing setup, Good sails except for the tired spinnaker. And some old Suggit Sails which are probably more in the spirit of the CVRDA. We are trying to sell this - asking £ 499 or £ 600 with a combi Trailer - so that we can buy a vintage boat e.g. Albacore, Flying Fifteen (or some other boat wiht a high boom clearance and decent performance so that I can sail with Jane (who has an inflexible back).

Interested in suggestions for an exciting yet easy to crew class...

Thanks;

john./[:p]
--
John P Andrews
Whitefriars Sailing CLub
chris

Post by chris »

Merlins have plenty of space under the boom but they'll keep you on your toes too. (I just happen to have Merlin 2121 for sale if you're interested...so my above comments are completely unbiased of course) Strictly speaking 2121 is still a classic (or is it OLD?)(built 1968) as it's not a fully ribbed/rivetted hull but the same applies to Albacores flying fifteens and nearly any boat after 1950 except some of the coastal boats such as Tideways etc.
If that's the sort of thing you are looking for there's a Redwing on ebay now (lying at Saltford just west of Bath) if your up for a bit of redecking. Well worth a look.
stu
Site Admin

Post by stu »

I've got a N12 for sale. Sail no 2204. Built in 1964, probobly not what your looking for but worth a try and good fun to sail, and still reasonably competative on an small pond or especially a river. £250 :D
The only canoe sailor in MY village too !

8) OK K1958
8) Mirror 34459

http://www.stuandliz.co.uk

make bow waves not chat
edjpa

Post by edjpa »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chris</i>
<br />Merlins have plenty of space under the boom but they'll keep you on your toes too. (I just happen to have Merlin 2121 for sale if you're interested...so my above comments are completely unbiased of course) Strictly speaking 2121 is still a classic (or is it OLD?)(built 1968) as it's not a fully ribbed/rivetted hull but the same applies to Albacores flying fifteens and nearly any boat after 1950 except some of the coastal boats such as Tideways etc.

ACTUALY I meant I'm selling OLD and looking for CLASSIC.

If that's the sort of thing you are looking for there's a Redwing on ebay now (lying at Saltford just west of Bath) if your up for a bit of redecking. Well worth a look.

I TRIED - I cant find it! Do you know the Item number or category?

thanks - john./
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
--
John P Andrews
Whitefriars Sailing CLub
neil
Site Admin

Post by neil »

IC: K26
Harrier +: 2

Zenith's rebuild - www.pegasus18.com/zenith