Could this be a YW dayboat?

Post your items here & they may be copied over to the for sale section of the CVRDA site
Southern377

Re: Could this be a YW dayboat?

Post by Southern377 »

Michael...........which year for the Yachtsmans Annual please? Might be one I have but then again .. sods law..

My information came from "Racing Yachts and Dinghies" by James Bartlett - Macdonald 1960. Also small mentioned in two of John Fishers books.

Alan.
davidh

Post by davidh »

Don't have all these rib problems with an RS.......

D
David H
Michael Brigg

Post by Michael Brigg »

Michael...........which year for the Yachtsmans Annual please? Might be one I have but then again .. sods law
Alan, Im not sure which, or even if it is but I'll PM you (if I can) with a copy of the PDF file the seller sent me with a copy of the article.

As for you David, you should know that absence of bone is generally assotiated with the less evolved species.
Michael Brigg
ACB

Post by ACB »

I predict that she will come home to Woodbridge; Eversons are very much still in business and this project will appeal either to them or to one of their customers.

If I recall correctly, this particular boat comes with a shelf full of local sailing history attached to her.

If you keep a boat on a tidal mooring, the gunter rig is an advantage.

Knowing some of Eversons boats reasonably well, I would hesitate to put them in the same class as Nunns, down river at Waldringfield, when it came to dinghy building - Eversons built down to a sensible price and built a lot of boats - Ernie Nunn built ICs and I14s as well as robust clinker boats.

F 3163 "Aquarius",
IC K229 nameless for the time being
I14 K377 "Mercury" - long term rebuild project
ACB

Post by ACB »

There is a nearly-new Kingfisher; built "properly" by Frank Knights, about 9 years ago - "Capercailzie".

F 3163 "Aquarius",
IC K229 nameless for the time being
I14 K377 "Mercury" - long term rebuild project