Shearwater 50th anniversary June 18,19

Chat about CVRDA events
chris

Shearwater 50th anniversary June 18,19

Post by chris »

Shearwater SC is holding a special weekend Regatta on June 18th and 19th. to celebrate our anniversary.
Family day with fun events on the water on Saturday, BBQ in the evening +social, Gold Cup racing on Sunday.

CVRDA very welcome to join in and there will be a prize for the first CVRDA boat on Sunday's racing using our handicaps and so on. We hope there will be quite a few period boats. (max length 16ft.)

Full details will be up on our website soon and I do hope several CVRDAites can join in.

www.shearwatersailingclub.co.uk

We have special permission from the estate to have camping overnight.
The Gold Cup is a one off trophy for the event which the winner keeps. Other pirzes too.

Chris
Pat

Re: Shearwater 50th anniversary June 18,19

Post by Pat »

A fun family day on Saturday, with lots of events, starting at 2 p.m. with a best dressed boat competition. An evening social BBQ (adults £12 , children £6) tickets include a drink but you are welcome to bring your own too! Camping is being allowed in the dinghy park overnight on the 18th at no cost.
Sunday will be an OPEN event consisting of three races with a number of prizes (slow handicap, fast handicap, 1st lady helm, 1st junior helm, classic boats using cvrda handicaps). But there is a special one off 50th Anniversary GOLD CUP to be awarded to the overall winner . The entry cost will be £12 for a boat, this will include one helm, £6 for a crew or extra person. (this covers, not only the prizes, but includes lunch, tea and hot/cold drinks throughout the day)

We need to let the caterers know numbers for the BBQ by Tuesday 14th June - so please order your tickets from Lois Barlow [loisbarlow@sky.com]
Rupert

Post by Rupert »

I'm afraid that with this weekend dedicated to sailing (though I didn't step into a sailing dinghy once) and the weekend after being dedicated to sailing (I hope to spend all weekend in a sailing dinghy, except when in the bar) that weekend is going to have to be spent firstly working and then at home. Have a fantastic time, though, and happy birthday Shearwater, a fun place to sail.
Rupert
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks Rupert.
See you at Whitefiars if not before.
Garry R

Post by Garry R »

Sunday was an interesting day at Shearwater and I for one had some great fun with a lightweight but fortunately nimble crew who saved a capsize certainly ion one occasion helpe by the Jack Holt curved deck idea which allows little water into the boat even when severely heeled. My gybing came on a treat and the legs and backside knew that this was my first sail of the season. All in all a great day and many thanks to all at Shearwater who looked after us so well and made us very welcome. Best wishes for the next 50 years!!
chris

Post by chris »

Thanks Garry, very glad you had a good time. Sorry I couldn't continue with Iska and give you a head to head race but she was leaking so badly it wouldn't have been sensible to continue.I think Whitefriars is my next event.
Chris