Fairy Finn

General chat about boats
Nessa

Fairy Finn

Post by Nessa »

I have bought the Finn that was for sale on Facebook this week, and it will be arriving home tomorrow. I really don’t need another Finn, oranyboat to be honest, I just didn’t want to see this one broke up for spares.

I’m happy to pass it on to someone who will get it back on the Water d hopefully racing on our circuit, so if anyone knows of a potential good home please letme know. More pictures once it’s here. I believe Peter knows some history, more information very welcome.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
PeterV

Re: Fairy Finn

Post by PeterV »

Well done Nessa. I couldn't have bought it because I need to reduce my fleet for moving house. hope you find someone to take it on, £100 seemed about right to me, it will still cost a fair bit to sort out.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
azimuth

Post by azimuth »

Good work Nessa! Afraid I don't have any suggestions on a long term owner but at least it's safe for now!
Keith.

Finn K60 'Sfinnx' Fairey
Zenith 74 'Azimuth' (rescued from the undergrowth 20yrs ago)
Zenith 61 'Bali Hai'... A family heirloom...
Obscured by clouds

Post by Obscured by clouds »

I'd love a Finn agaim, especially a wooden one, but I have too much on my plate already without wanting another fixer upper - especially since I don't have a shed any more.
Tony

MR 2404 Julia Dream
N18 276 Sibrwd [ongoing project]
Hirondelle catamaran Kalipse
[down to 3!]
nickfinn

Post by nickfinn »

please see email regarding my interest.

thanks

nick
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

I have had an awful lot of messages from people asking for this Finn. Unfortunately for the seller it’s worth a lot more than he sold it for, since the work needed doesn’t seem to be that major and it has the potential to be a lovely boat. My plan for the moment is to get it undercover so it can dry out a bit, and follow Sam’s recommendations about getting the varnish off the wet bits, then have a think about what to do with it

I think we’d all agree it needs to be restored then ideally back out racing on the classic circuit.

Peter, can you tell me any history you have. It seems to have been allocat d 364just because there is no other 364 and it fits into that spot. I will scan the documents and post them here.
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Just an update: this went a while ago to a member from Hunts who has recently retired and who will get a lot of joy from both restoring and sailing it.

Does anyone out there have any battens as I don’t have any for the soft sail for my own boat, and the Fairy didn’t have any at all. Where do they go?
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess
Finn 469
Laser 2
Wayfarer World
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Nessa, email me your address and I'll send you 2 sets of battens. I took a load of knackered sails to the tip a little while ago but I took all the battens out first.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash
Nessa

Post by Nessa »

Thanks Peter!
The Peril
Agamemnon
Lovely little Cadet
OK 1954
Xena Warrior Princess