Dinghy Show 2019

Chat about CVRDA events
Pat

Dinghy Show 2019

Post by Pat »

Anyone else going? We'll be there on Saturday and, if my printer holds up, I'll be giving out CVRDA poster flyers promoting the events and the association to put on club noticeboards etc.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
Pat

Re: Dinghy Show 2019

Post by Pat »

Well done to the cvrda mothers for an excellent display at the dinghy show - and they even managed to incorporate the cvrda banner!
It was good to meet lots of friends and I enjoyed Dougal's talk. Now looking forward to Hunts in May.
(Half Cut and What a Lark Removals Ltd)
bornagainmothie

Post by bornagainmothie »

Thanks Pat,

It was an honour to fly the flag of the CVRDA!

We had a great opportunity to back up Dougal's talk and display a range of moths to illustrate 90 years of development. The stand space, backboard displays, timeline boards, video display and individual boat descriptions were all provided and funded by the RYA. (What have the Romans ever done for us??? well actually....)

We had to work out the content and photos required, which was a huge team effort, but most credit for all those displays must go to John Butler who rapidly designed the layouts in time for the RYA to get them all printed.

We had three CVRDA moths on the display, Stuart Mander's 1968 Shelley Mk2, My 1972 Stockholm Sprite, and a significant 1979 World Championship winning Magnum 3 that had been lying un-used in a chicken shed for many years. A 2002 hungry Tiger and a 2005 Mistress foiler completed the timeline.

The classic moths were a very popular attraction all weekend and we were able to promote the CVRDA as a means of racing old designs of moth and indeed any other suitable classes in a friendly and understanding environment.

Thanks to our links with CVRDA we have been able to able to find, restore and use many moths that we thought were long gone

Look forward to seeing you all back on the water this year

Cheers

Lyndon
Attachments
cvrda.jpg
cvrda2.jpg
PeterV

Post by PeterV »

Well done Lyndon and Ian, the photo of the display looked good and Dougal's write up was as good as ever.
PeterV
Finn K197 & GBR564
Warsash